For Immediate Release
May 24, 2018
Troy City Hall Closed in Observation of Memorial Day
TROY, NY – City officials today announced that Troy City Hall, located at 433 River Street, will be closed on Monday, May 28, in observation of Memorial Day and will reopen on Tuesday, May 29 at 8:30 a.m.
City officials have issued a traffic advisory for the Annual Veterans of Lansingburgh Memorial Day Parade on Monday, May 28. Parking will be prohibited on the following streets on Monday, May 28 beginning 7:00 a.m. through 1:00 p.m.:
- 5th Avenue from 124th Street to 115th Street
- 123rd Street and 124th Street, between 4th and 5th, and 5th and 6th
- 115th Street between 5th and 2nd
- 2nd Ave from 115th north to 122nd
The following streets will be closed beginning 9:00 a.m., Monday, May 28:
- 5th Avenue, from 125th Street to 115th Street
- 123rd Street and 124th Street between 4th & 5th, and 5th & 6th
- 115th Street between 5th Avenue and 2nd Avenue
- 2nd Ave between 115th Street and 122nd Street
Drivers are asked to watch for road closures, observe all posted parking restrictions and to seek alternate routes.
In addition, City officials have announced that regular municipal garbage and recycling collection will occur as scheduled on Monday, May 28. Bulk trash pickup will not be available. Please contact the City of Troy’s Department of Public Works at (518) 270-4579 for additional information.
John Salka, Deputy Director of Public Information
[email protected] / (518) 279-7131
Get connected to what’s happening in your neighborhood! Sign up to receive news, updates & announcements from Troy City Hall.