For Immediate Release
April 13, 2018
City Officials Announce Seasonal Street Cleaning Schedule
TROY, NY – City officials today announced the release of the 2018 seasonal street cleaning schedule. The City’s Department of Public Works (DPW) has scheduled sixteen weeks of street sweeping and debris cleanup operations to remove dirt, brush, leaves and other items that have accumulated over the winter months. The annual initiative will begin Monday, April 16, and continue through August 3rd. The 2018 cleaning schedule has been expanded to reach all neighborhoods throughout the City while maintaining the regularly scheduled weekly street cleaning program for heavier trafficked areas. The full schedule is available online at www.troyny.gov
Mayor Patrick Madden said, “The City’s annual street cleaning program is an important part of our continuing efforts to assist residents and families improve the condition of their neighborhoods and properties. With the cooperation of the public, our Department of Public Works crews can coordinate an effective cleanup program that benefits our entire community and improves the overall quality of life in our diverse neighborhoods.”
To help ensure the seasonal Street Cleaning program will be conducted thoroughly and efficiently Troy residents are being asked to help spread the word throughout their neighborhoods and cooperate with the following guidelines and suggestions:
- Know when your streets will be cleaned. A schedule has been published and will be available on the website at www.troyny.gov, on the City’s social media sites, and available in City Hall.
- Please move your vehicles in accordance with regularly posted alternate-side parking restrictions so that DPW staff can clean the entire street surface area.
- Sweep or wash your sidewalks and rake your lawns before sweepers come onto your streets. Additionally, please sweep the dirt along the curbs and out of the gutters into small piles to help make pick up easier.
- Bulk trash will not be collected at this time. Bulk trash pickup for residents is available by contacting DPW directly at (518) 270-4579. Please note that bulk trash may be subject to additional charges depending on volume.
- During posted cleanup days, any uncooperative vehicle owners will have their vehicles towed at the owner’s expense. All streets that will be part of that day’s cleanup will be posted for “No Parking.” Please notify DPW at (518) 270-4579 in advance if you know of any abandoned, unregistered or inoperative vehicles in your neighborhood.
- Residents are asked to please place weeds, brush and other materials in a biodegradable bag or bundle the brush and branches together for easier collection.
- Weekly garbage collection will occur as scheduled for your neighborhood.
Please contact the City of Troy’s Department of Public Works at (518) 270-4579 with any additional questions regarding this year’s Spring Cleanup program and schedule.
The City of Troy remains committed to connecting residents with the services they need quickly and effectively. Residents and property owners can report issues in their neighborhood by using the City’s non-emergency Online Services page, including requests for pothole repairs, broken street lights, broken traffic lights, missing traffic signs, or to schedule a bulk pickup. For more information, please visit the City’s Online Services page.
John Salka, Deputy Director of Public Information
[email protected] / (518) 279-7131
Get connected to what’s happening in your neighborhood! Sign up to receive news, updates & announcements from Troy City Hall.