For Immediate Release
April 5, 2019
City Officials Announce Spring Street Cleaning Schedule
TROY, NY – City officials today announced the 2019 spring street cleaning schedule for the Collar City. Troy’s Department of Public Works (DPW) has scheduled six weeks of street sweeping and debris cleanup to clear dirt, brush, leaves and other materials that accumulated during the winter season. The annual initiative will begin Monday, April 15th, and continue through May 24th.
Mayor Patrick Madden said, “The city’s spring street cleaning program is an important part of the city’s efforts to help residents & families improve the condition of their neighborhood following the winter months. With cooperation from the public, city crews can coordinate an effective cleanup program that benefits the entire city and improves quality of life in neighborhoods across Troy.”
The public is asked to help share the following guidelines and suggestions regarding this year’s street cleaning program with their neighbors, family and friends:
- Know when your street will be cleaned. The full schedule has been published and is available on the website at www.troyny.gov, the City’s social media pages, and available at City Hall.
- Please move your vehicles in accordance with regularly posted alternate-side parking restrictions so that DPW staff can clean the entire street surface area.
- Sweep or wash your sidewalks and rake your lawns before sweepers come onto your streets. Additionally, please sweep the dirt along the curbs and out of the gutters into small piles to help make pick up easier.
- During posted cleanup days, any illegally-parked vehicles will be towed at the owner’s expense. All streets that will be part of that day’s cleanup will be posted for “No Parking.” Please notify DPW at (518) 270-4579 in advance if you know of any abandoned, unregistered or inoperative vehicles in your neighborhood.
- Residents are asked to please place weeds, brush and other materials in a biodegradable bag or bundle the brush and branches together for easier collection.
- Weekly garbage collection will occur as scheduled for properties which normally receive city services
For more information on the spring street cleaning program, contact the Department of Public Works dispatcher at (518) 270-4579.
Sign up to receive email updates and announcements from City Hall at www.troyny.gov/connect
For up-to-date announcements from City Hall, please visit www.troyny.gov/news
John Salka, Deputy Director of Public Information
[email protected] / (518) 279-7131