Mt. Ida Dam Project
Update: January 11th, 2019 (PDF)
On September 28, 2018, following an emergency engineering inspection, the Mount Ida Lake Dam was identified as structurally unsound. To comply with NYS Department of Environmental Conservation dam safety regulations, the City will remove of a section of the dam to alleviate immediate structural concerns. This will result in the Poesten Kill creek water level being lowered to the creek bed. Belden Pond/ Ida Lake is also expected to experience reductions in water level.
To sign up for email updates regarding the Mt. Ida Dam, please contact John Salka at [email protected].
- Public Presentation – Ida Lake Dam – October 30 Community Meeting | PDF
- NYSDEC Dam Condition Rating Letter | PDF
- Ida Lake Dam – Preliminary Lake Lowering Plan | PDF
- Recommendation for Lake Lowering, Ida Lake Dam Structural Inspection | PDF
- Inundation Map | PDF
- Ida Lake Dam – Engineering Assessment (2014) | PDF
- FEMA Grant Documents | PDF
- Ida Lake Dam – Engineering Assessment (May 2012) | PDF
- Article 15 Permit – NYS DEC | PDF
- SEQR Determination | PDF
- SHPO No Adverse Impact | PDF
- Troy & Poestenkill Green Infrastructure Study | PDF