South Troy Riverfront Bikeway/Walkway Project

Objective

To enhance the South Troy area through improved and additional pedestrian and bicycling facilities; and to encourage business growth in the South Troy area.

Summary

The proposed South Troy Riverfront Bikeway/Walkway is a major component of the Working Waterfront, which will significantly enhance and improve the neighborhood’s quality of life and the economic health of South Troy.

The bikeway/walkway will be designed to provide a recreational atmosphere in the South Troy Development District while coexisting with adjacent uses such as business parks, research and industrial facilities, and the proposed Industrial Park Road.The bikeway/walkway will be connected to the Troy-Menands bikeway/walkway also in the preliminary design stage.

Financing

The Federal Highway Administration will fund eighty percent (80%) of the project. The City of Troy will fund the remaining twenty percent (20%).

Status

The survey and base mapping are currently being worked on for the project. Completion of the base mapping and survey will enable the remainder of the project to be started.

Limits

The proposed bikeway/walkway will begin at Burden Avenue and proceed west to travel in the vicinity of the Hudson River ending south of the Green Island Bridge.