One Monument Square Redevelopment
On March 5, 2018, the City of Troy released a RFP seeking qualified applicants to lead a three-day public design charrette where participants will collaborate during a multi-day brainstorming and design program to develop a mutually agreed upon concept for the One Monument Square site.
The selected team will lead a three-day program open to all members of the community to create a public consensus for the site’s use and anticipated redevelopment – including construction details for the southward expansion of Riverfront Park and its connection to the business district on River Street.
The City is not advancing any predetermined concepts with the exception of a 50-foot deep esplanade along the Hudson River and connection from the esplanade to River Street. Developers interested in the redevelopment of the site are encouraged to attend.
What is a design charrette?
A charrette is an intensive planning and design session where residents, business owners, designers and other stakeholders collaborate on a vision for development. A design charrette provides a forum for ideas which offers a unique opportunity to give designers immediate feedback while creating mutual authorship among participants in the plan.
As advertised, responses for the Monument Square RFP are due before 4:00pm, Friday, March 30, 2018 at City Hall, located at 433 River Street, Troy, NY 12180.
- Bonacio RFP Response – January 20, 2017
- Bonacio RFP – Schedule
- RFP One Monument Square – December 2016
- RFP One Monument Square – September 2013
- Historic Review – Completed July 2015
- Full Environmental Assessment – July 2015 (Revised 11/2015)
- Site Plans – October 2015
- Municipal Utility Schematic
- Kirchoff Proposal – Planning Commission Comments
- Summary of Public Meeting Comments – August 24, 2016
- Summary of Public Comments received between August 24th and September 9th
- One Monument Square Topographic Survey (pre-demolition)
- Legal Description of 50′ Strip of Land to be Retained by the City of Troy
- Survey of Site-including topographic information, utility location and location of buildings and improvements (post demolition)
- Legal Description of Parcel 1
- Survey of Lot Consolidation and Subdivision
- Survey of Lot Consolidation and Subdivision including extent of LWRP funded waterfront improvements
- Memo of current conditions by City Engineer
- Troy City Center, LLC Landscape Design Description (previous proposal)
- Old City Hall Drawings
- Monument Square Waterfront Landscape Design (w/Architecture)
- Map of Utilities
- Water Valve Book
- Troy City Hall Redevelopment Plan – Sasaki (3/3/10)
- Resolution Declaring Lead Agency Status (3/11/10)
- SEQR Negative Declaration (7/6/10)
- SEQR Full Environmental Assessment Form