One Monument Square
Hoboken Brownstone Company chosen as development partner for One Monument Square site. | Press Release
After receiving and reviewing four RFP submissions, the Monument Square Selection Committee has chosen Hoboken Brownstone Company to work with the City of Troy and the Troy Local Development Corporation to develop the project located at One Monument Square. A public meet-and-greet was held Tuesday July 16th at The Arts Center of the Captial Region where the developers spoke about the steps going forward. See below for photos of the event.
Check back for updates on the project timeline.
A Brief Recap:
During the summer of 2018, the City of Troy invited the public to participate in a multi-day planning workshop for One Monument Square. With help from the City’s Planning Department and consultants from Place Alliance NY and River Street Planning, Troy residents, business owners, visitors and other interested persons crafted a vision for the site. The resulting concept is a large, mixed-use project, all season civic plaza that includes two levels of parking with an open-air public space that spills onto River Street and Monument Square. It features expansive views of the Hudson River and a Grand Staircase connection through a series of distinct outdoor spaces down to William D. Chamberlain Riverfront Park with elevator access and ramps.
To view 360 views from within a rendering of the final concept, click on the following:
Over the summer, Place Alliance NY and River Street Planning worked with an Advisory Committee and the City’s Planning Department to refine the concept based on feedback from developers, residents and various stakeholders. The final concept was presented back to a largely approving public on November 5th.
Immediately following the presentation, the City began analyzing project feasibility and identifying key components and partnerships to assist in developing a project plan that best reflects our shared vision for the site.
In April 2019, the City released a Request For Qualifications for a Development Partner with whom the City and/or Troy Local Development Corporation will enter into a public private partnership. Four excellent development teams, from both within and outside our region, responded.
A selection committee, consisting of relevant industry experts and representatives, has been assembled to review the responses and is currently in the process of interviewing the four respondents to help determine which team is most qualified. The evaluation is based on the following criteria:
- The respondent’s financial and organizational capacity.
- The respondent’s demonstrated understanding of the project, including the community’s vision, fit within our historic downtown and interplay between the mix of uses and potential ownership structures.
- The respondent’s relevant project experience and performance history.
The selection committee is preparing to select a development partner for the site sometime during the month of June, allowing the City and/or Troy Local Development Corporation to work with their team to execute a partnership agreement this summer. From that point, the project will move into a new phase of development, design and pre-construction.
As the City nears the end of the current visioning and feasibility phase and moves into the next, we will provide public updates and communicate progress both through social media/press releases and via community outreach efforts including sharing progress at neighborhood meetings, etc. Please continue to check this page, as we will update as soon as there is news to share.
July 2019 – Public Meet-and-Greet with Hoboken Brownstone Company
June 2018 – Charrette Photos
November 2018 – Final Model Images
- 1 Monument Square Concept Plans – Final
- 1 Monument Square Model Images – Final
- 1 Monument Square Presentation Slides – Final
- Bonacio RFP Response – January 20, 2017
- Bonacio RFP – Schedule
- RFP One Monument Square – December 2016
- RFP One Monument Square – September 2013
- Historic Review – Completed July 2015
- Full Environmental Assessment – July 2015 (Revised 11/2015)
- Site Plans – October 2015
- Municipal Utility Schematic
- Kirchoff Proposal – Planning Commission Comments
- Summary of Public Meeting Comments – August 24, 2016
- Summary of Public Comments received between August 24th and September 9th
- One Monument Square Topographic Survey (pre-demolition)
- Legal Description of 50′ Strip of Land to be Retained by the City of Troy
- Survey of Site-including topographic information, utility location and location of buildings and improvements (post demolition)
- Legal Description of Parcel 1
- Survey of Lot Consolidation and Subdivision
- Survey of Lot Consolidation and Subdivision including extent of LWRP funded waterfront improvements
- Memo of current conditions by City Engineer
- Troy City Center, LLC Landscape Design Description (previous proposal)
- Old City Hall Drawings
- Monument Square Waterfront Landscape Design (w/Architecture)
- Map of Utilities
- Water Valve Book
- Troy City Hall Redevelopment Plan – Sasaki (3/3/10)
- Resolution Declaring Lead Agency Status (3/11/10)
- SEQR Negative Declaration (7/6/10)
- SEQR Full Environmental Assessment Form