Police Reform & Reinvention Collaborative
The objective of the City of Troy’s Police Reform & Reinvention Collaborative is to develop community consensus on policing strategies and practices to promote public safety, improve community engagement and foster trust for all members of the Troy community.
Download the final report [PDF] (April 1, 2021)
A steering committee was assembled to receive input from the community regarding current policing practices and suggestions on how to better align our approach to public safety with that goal.
The steering committee undertook a series of listening sessions during the month of February to gather suggestions & recommendations from the public. Public feedback was used to develop a plan to increase engagement and collaboration between the community and the police department.
Meetings were held 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. using Zoom and live-streamed on the City’s YouTube channel to allow residents to attend & participate virtually. All meetings were open to the public, and residents were are encouraged to attend and/or participate.
- Monday, February 1: PRRC Committee (organizational meeting) | Video
- Monday, February 8th: Affinity Group presentations | Video
- Wednesday, February 10th: Public Forum | Video
- Monday, February 15th: Affinity Group presentations | Video
- Wednesday, February 17th: Public Forum* | Video
- Monday, February 22nd: Public Forum* | Video
- Wednesday, February 24th: Affinity Group presentations** | Video
- Monday, March 1st: PRRC Committee Meeting*** | Video
- Wednesday, March 3rd: PRRC Committee Meeting*** | Video
* Please note: registration via Zoom does not include sign-up to provide public comment. To sign-up to speak during a public forum, please complete the public comment signup form by 3:00 p.m. on the day of the public forum.
**Affinity group presentation meetings do not include a public comment period.
***Committee meetings will be live-streamed to YouTube only
Submit Public Comment on Final Report
Community members can also submit written comment or recommendations by email to [email protected]. Written comment can be sent by mail to:
Office of the Mayor
433 River Street
Troy NY 12180
c/o Police Reform & Reinvention Collaborative
The public can also submit recommendations & feedback anonymously using the linked form below:
We appreciate the public’s participation in this important process.