Police Reform & Reinvention Collaborative
The objective of the City of Troy’s Police Reform & Reinvention Collaborative is to develop community consensus on policing strategies and practices to promote public safety, improve community engagement and foster trust for all members of the Troy community.
A steering committee has been assembled to receive input from the community regarding current policing practices and suggestions on how to better align our approach to public safety with that goal.
The steering committee will undertake a series of listening sessions during the month of February to gather suggestions & recommendations from the public. Public feedback will be used to develop a plan to increase engagement and collaboration between the community and the police department.
Discussion will be limited to issues related to the Troy Police Department. The committee’s work will be best served by input on the following questions:
- What steps could the Troy Police Department take to enhance community relations?
- What current practices and/or policies of the Troy Police Department could be modified to build better mutual trust while simultaneously advancing safer neighborhoods and communities?
- What can the community, including residents, businesses, service providers and other agencies of government do to assist the Troy Police Department in ensuring safe neighborhoods and communities for ALL of Troy’s residents?
- What steps can be taken to support and enhance Troy police officer recruitment, continuing education, and well-being?
Meetings will be held 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. They will be conducted via Zoom and live-streamed on the City’s YouTube channel to allow residents to participate virtually. All meetings will be open to the public, and residents are encouraged to attend and/or participate. Pre-registration is required to attend via Zoom.
- Monday, February 1: PRRC Committee (organizational meeting) | Video
- Monday, February 8th: Affinity Group presentations | Video
- Wednesday, February 10th: Public Forum | Video
- Monday, February 15th: Affinity Group presentations | Video
- Wednesday, February 17th: Public Forum* | Video
- Monday, February 22nd: Public Forum* | Video
- Wednesday, February 24th: Affinity Group presentations** | Register (Zoom)
* Please note: registration via Zoom does not include sign-up to provide public comment. To sign-up to speak during a public forum, please complete the public comment signup form by 3:00 p.m. on the day of the public forum.
**Affinity group presentation meetings do not include a public comment period.
Community members can also submit written comment or recommendations by email to [email protected]. Written comment can be sent by mail to:
Office of the Mayor
433 River Street
Troy NY 12180
c/o Police Reform & Reinvention Collaborative
Please note: written comments will not be read aloud during meetings, but will be reviewed by the committee.
The public can also submit recommendations & feedback anonymously using the linked form below:
We appreciate the public’s participation in this important process.