Traffic Advisory Issued for Memorial Day Parade
Annual Veterans of Lansingburgh Memorial Day Parade will begin 11:00am, Monday, May 27th
Road closures, parking restrictions posted for Monday along parade route
City Hall will be closed, municipal garbage and recycling collection will be postponed on Monday in observation of holiday
TROY, NY – City officials have issued a traffic advisory for the annual Veterans of Lansingburgh Memorial Day Parade on Monday, May 27th. Parking restrictions will be in effect on the following streets on Monday, from 7:00am – 1:00pm.
- 5th Avenue from 124th Street to 115th Street
- 123rd Street and 124th Street, between 4th and 5th, and 5th and 6th
- 115th Street between 5th and 2nd
- 2nd Ave from 115th north to 122nd
The following streets will be closed beginning 9:00 am:
- 5th Avenue, from 125th Street to 115th Street
- 123rd Street and 124th Street between 4th & 5th, and 5th & 6th
- 115th Street between 5th Avenue and 2nd Avenue
- 2nd Ave between 115th Street and 122nd Street
Motorists are asked to watch for road closures, observe all posted parking restrictions and road closures, and seek alternate routes.
Additionally, city officials have announced that City Hall will be closed on Monday, May 27th, in observation of Memorial Day, and will reopen on Tuesday, May 28th, at 8:30am. Municipal garbage and recycling collection will be postponed on Monday, May 27th. Bulk pickup will also not be available. Residents who normally receive Monday collection should place their garbage and recycling curbside on Monday evening for Tuesday collection. The regular garbage collection schedule will resume Tuesday, May 28th.
Sign up to receive email updates and announcements from City Hall at www.troyny.gov/connect
For up-to-date announcements from City Hall, please visit www.troyny.gov/news
John Salka, Deputy Director of Public Information
[email protected] / (518) 279-7131