Annual Events & Concerts
In the following is a list of special events that take place throughout the year. If you have any questions regarding these events, contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 518-235-7761 or Contact Us.
- Rockin on the River: The Rockin on the River concert series offers free concerts to the public located in Riverfront Park in Downtown Troy every Wednesday throughout the concert season. Concert details can also be found on their Facebook page.
- Troy Night Out: Troy Night Out is a Monthly Arts and Cultural Event that Takes Place the Last Friday of Every Month in Downtown Troy from 5 to 9 pm. You can also find them on Facebook
- Troy Pig Out: Welcomes professional BBQ teams from across the United States to compete. Barbeque vendors and live music are the main attractions for guests to the festival. The Troy Pig Out is officially sanctioned by the Kansas City BBQ Association and the office of the Governor as the New York State BBQ Championship, qualifying the winner for the National Championship. Additional event information can be found on their Facebook page.
- Earth Day Neighborhood Cleanup: Every April, the City of Troy sponsors an citywide cleanup event coinciding with Earth Day. This community event brings together residents, families, and business owners to improve community parks, green spaces and neighborhoods across the City. For more information on Troy’s annual Earth Day cleanup, or to organize a cleanup project in your neighborhood, please contact Renee Panetta, City Recycling Coordinator, or Naomi Pitkin, City Recycling Specialist, at email@example.com or call (518) 279-7313.
- Powers Park Concert Series: Powers Park was once the venue of weekend activities around the turn of the 20th Century. Since 2004, the crowds at the historic City park have returned every Saturday evening to see the best in local entertainment on the Neil Kelleher Stage at Powers Park. The concert series has become one of the most anticipated showcase events the city has to offer. With a full array of festival foods and great music, the series has become a mainstay of the community, as well as the entire city.
- The Powers Park Concert Series is free to the public. The series runs over eight Saturdays in July and August. The park is located at 110th Street and Second Avenue in North Troy. To find out concert details and line up visit the Powers Park Concert Series Facebook page.
- Troy Turkey Trot: Troy's premier road race and one of the oldest in the Capital Region. From its humble beginnings in 1916 with only six runners entered, the Troy Turkey Trot has grown into one of the largest road races in upstate New York. It features a childrens 1 mile run, a 5K and a 10K run. Additional event information can be found on their Facebook page.
- Victorian Stroll: The annual holiday tradition presented by the Rensselaer County Regional Chamber of Commerce transforms the historic streets of downtown Troy into a magical stage of song, dance, and family enjoyment. For additional information please visit the Victorian Stroll Site.