Don’t Wait. Vaccinate.
Dear residents and neighbors,
Expanded vaccine eligibility continues to expand across the state. All New York residents age 30 and over are now eligible to be vaccinated, with individuals age 16+ scheduled for eligibility beginning next Tuesday. Get vaccinated as soon as you qualify.
Listen to the doctors and scientists. These vaccines are safe & effective. Don’t hesitate. Vaccinate. Check your eligibility at www.ny.gov/vaccine
Please continue to use caution, avoid large gatherings, and wear a mask to reduce transmission of the virus to those who haven’t been vaccinated, including those with vulnerable immune systems.
We’re in this together, Troy.
Mayor, City of Troy
News for Your Neighborhood
- On Monday, City Hall officially reopened to the public. It’s a small step toward resuming normal in-person services while maintaining a safe environment for our employees and the public. All residents are encouraged to limit non-essential visits, utilize online services via the City website, and to contact departments by phone prior to your visit.
- Also on Monday, we joined the Downtown Troy BID to celebrate the official opening of 4rinn Beauties, Crush by Alexandra, Ryan Oshay Everything, and Mistik Boutique. These businesses opened on March 12, 2020, only to limit services and hours once the pandemic began. Watch highlights from the event on YouTube or Facebook.
- On Tuesday, we announced the availability of $300,000 in federal grants to assist small businesses in Troy impacted by COVID. This program will offer a lifeline to struggling small businesses impacted by the pandemic. To apply, visit www.mycommunityloanfund.org. The deadline to submit an application is April 22nd.
- On Thursday, the Troy Fire Department promoted four firefighters to new leadership positions during a small ceremony at City Hall. Mayor Madden and Chief McMahon congratulated Captain Beaulac, and Lieutenants Baldwin, Morrissey, and Monaghan on their promotion. Video from the ceremony is available on the City’s YouTube page.
- On Wednesday, we announced the City will host a collection event on May 8th for Troy residents for electronics recycling, shredding of confidential documents, and disposal of old tires. Registration is required, and is limited to Troy residents only. Sign-up at www.troyny.gov
- Connect with the new Troy Downtown Marina on Facebook! This newly-renovated facility will open to the public this summer — we can’t wait to welcome back boaters to the Collar City!
- Did you know? If your income was $72,000 or less in 2020, you may be eligible to electronically prepare and submit both your federal and state income tax returns at no charge. Learn more by visiting the NYS Taxation and Finance website: http://on.ny.gov/1PpGmDP
- A special enrollment period for health insurance is open through May 15th! Visit www.healthcare.gov to find the right plan for you & your family.
- Get connected with Frear Park Golf Course on Facebook! Preparations are underway for the historic 90th season of operation at the course. Opening day is tentatively set for April 9th. Season passes are on sale now at the Pro Shop, Monday through Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm.