City Hall re-opened to the public on March 22, 2021, but we encourage you to do transactions by mail whenever possible. Be advised that only one party will be allowed in the City Clerk’s office at a time, so you may need to wait longer than usual should you choose to come in person. A mask that covers your nose and mouth will be required at all times in City Hall, and visitors are expected to adhere to public health guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19. New marriage licenses are still available via video-conference; see this page for instructions.
The City Clerk’s office provides many required municipal and New York State licenses and permits:
- Commissioners of Deeds
- Dog Licenses
- Domestic Partnerships and Marriage Licenses (Divorce records are filed with the County Clerk)
- Master Electrician and Master Plumbers Licenses
- Fishing Permits for the Tomhannock Reservoir (NYS fishing licenses are available from the DEC)
- Genealogy Searches for Marriage Records (Birth and death records are filed with the Office of Vital Records)
- Peddler, Food Truck, and Vendor Permits
- Special Events & Block Party Permits
Find complete information and applications on the City of Troy’s Forms & Permits page.
The Office of the City Clerk maintains the records of the Legislative Branch of Government and provides administrative support for the City Council. You can sign up for the City Clerk’s email list for Public Notices regarding Council meetings and proposed legislation in the City of Troy.
The City Clerk is the official custodian of the City Seal and the official keeper of the City Code Book.
The City Clerk’s Office is located in City Hall. We are open from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday – Friday. We can be reached at:
Troy City Hall
433 River Street
Troy, NY 12180
Office: (518) 279-7134
Fax: (518) 270-4639
Email: [email protected]
Assistant to the Clerk