Due to the coronavirus outbreak, City Hall is closed to the public as of March 17, 2020. In accordance with the Governor’s Executive Order 202.20, new marriage licenses are available via video-conference. See this document for instructions. Domestic partnerships are not available. All other transactions should be done by mail. Please email [email protected] with questions.
The City Clerk’s Office is located in City Hall. We are open from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday – Friday. We can also be reached at:
Troy City Hall
433 River Street
Troy, NY 12180
Office: (518) 279-7134
Fax: (518) 270-4639
Email: [email protected]
The Office of the City Clerk maintains the records of the Legislative Branch of Government and provides administrative support for the City Council. You can sign up for the City Clerk’s email list for Public Notices regarding Council meetings and proposed legislation in the City of Troy.
The City Clerk is the official custodian of the City Seal and the official keeper of the City Code Book.
The City Clerk’s office provides many required municipal and New York State licenses and permits:
- Commissioners of Deeds
- Dog Licenses
- Domestic Partnerships and Marriage Licenses (Divorce records are filed with the County Clerk)
- Master Electrician and Master Plumbers Licenses
- Fishing Permits for the Tomhannock Reservoir (NYS fishing licenses are available from the DEC)
- Genealogy Searches for Marriage Records (Birth and death records are filed with the Office of Vital Records)
- Peddler and Vendor Permits
- Special Events & Block Party Permits
Find complete information and applications on our Forms & Permits page.