The Office of the City Clerk maintains the records of the Legislative Branch of Government and provides administrative support for the City Council.
The City Clerk is the official custodian of the City Seal and the official keeper of the City Code Book.
The City Clerk’s Office is located in City Hall. City Hall is open from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday – Friday.
The City Clerk’s office provides many required municipal and New York State licenses and permits. Find complete information and applications on our Forms & Permits page for the following services.
- Commissioners of Deeds
- Dog Licenses
- Domestic Partnerships
- Electrician Licenses (Master Electrician and Class B)
- Film/Video Shoot Permit
- Fishing Permits for the Tomhannock Reservoir (NYS fishing licenses are available from the DEC)
- Games of Chance (Bell Jar, Bingo, Raffles)
- Genealogy Searches (Marriage Records)
- Marriage Licenses (Divorce records are filed with the County Clerk)
- Peddler, Food Truck, and Vendor Permits
- Plumber’s Licenses
- Special Events, Block Parties, One-Day Vendor Permits, and Outdoor Dining
- 2022 City Council Neighborhood Improvement Program Application
Certificate of Residence
The City Clerk’s office does not issue Certificates of Residence. To get information about obtaining a Certificate of Residence click here.
Births and Deaths
Contact City Departments
City Clerk’s Office
The City Clerk’s Office is located in City Hall. We are open from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday – Friday. We can be reached at:
Troy City Hall
433 River Street
Troy, NY 12180
Office: (518) 279-7134
Fax: (518) 270-4639
Email: [email protected]
Assistant to the Clerk
Connect With Us
SIGN UP for the City Clerk’s email list to receive Public Notices regarding Council meetings and proposed legislation in the City of Troy.