TO BE ELIGIBLE
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must have a valid NYS driver’s license.
- Vision corrected to 20/40 in each eye.
- No felony or misdemeanor assault convictions.
- No current pending criminal charges.
- Be 21 years old at the time of hire.
- Have a GED or High School Diploma.
- Must pass a civil service test, physical agility test, background investigation, interview with TPD panel, pass a psychological exam and medical screening.
- Take and pass the Civil Service exam
Check the City of Troy’s website for Exam Announcements.
- Pass the physical agility test according to the Cooper standard at 40%. Agility Test Chart
- Pass a background investigation conducted by a TPD detective.
- Interview with the hiring panel.
- Accept a conditional offer of employment.
- Take and pass a psychological exam.
- Pass a medical evaluation.