Certificate of Residence

The City Clerk’s office does not issue certificates of residence.

Flow Chart for Certificates of Residence

If you are resident of the City of Troy and will be attending Hudson Valley Community College, bring your documentation to HVCC’s Cashier Office. For more information, please visit their website at www.hvcc.edu/cashier/cor.html

The Rensselaer County Bureau of Finance is located at 1600 7th Avenue, 4th Floor.

If you will be attending any other school, you should check with the office that handles student accounts for instructions on how to establish residency.