As coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to impact all aspects of life in our City, many are asking “how can I support my neighbors?”
Whether it’s delivering meals to those in need, donating blood with the Red Cross, or sewing face masks for patients, there are plenty of ways to give back during this challenging time.
New York State is also collecting offers for goods, services, or space for use in their response to the COVID-19 public health emergency. For more info, visit the NYS Volunteer and Donation Assistance Program webpage.
Local Volunteer Opportunities
- Rensselaer County Office of the Aging is seeking volunteers for their Meals on Wheels program. For more information, call (518) 270-2730.
- The Boys and Girls Clubs of the Capital Area needs volunteers to help distribute “grab and go” breakfast and lunches at seven Troy locations for youths 18 and under. If you’re available to help serve at mobile pick-up sites between 11:30am – 12:30pm please contact BGCCA’s Program and Volunteer Coordinator, Claire Livezey at [email protected].
- Troy Area United Ministries needs volunteers to package served meals for take-out only for local families and individuals in need. Contact Donna Elia at [email protected] for more info.
- Joseph’s House and Shelter needs sandwich supplies for distribution to homeless in the Albany-area. If you can assist, please contact Andrew Barnes, Development Program Assistant, at [email protected]
- Unity House is seeking volunteers to deliver food pantry groceries in Rensselaer County. This can serve as internship and community service credits while helping people in need. For more information, contact their Volunteer Desk at [email protected] or www.unityhouseny.org
Have a volunteer opportunity that should be listed? Send us an email at [email protected] using subject line “Volunteer in Troy” with details and contact information.
Wall of Fame
Thank you to the countless Troy businesses, restaurants, and organizations who are lending a hand to those in need.
Have a photo or video you’d like to share? Send us an email at [email protected] using subject line “Photo – Giving Back” with an Instagram link.