Municipal Lots and Garages
There is a variety of parking garages and surface lots available for public parking in historic downtown Troy. The city offers a monthly permit rate of $75.00 for all lots and garages, with a daily rate of $8.00 for non-permitted vehicles.
Parking permits can be purchased using the City’s online permit reservation system. To purchase a monthly or daily parking permit please visit www.troyparkingpermits.rmcpay.com
If there are no vacancies in the desired lot you can consider another lot or be placed on a waiting list. For additional information or questions, please contact the City Treasurer’s Office at (518) 279-7115.
Please Note: due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the City Treasurer’s office is working with limited staff.
Permit renewal payments can also be mailed to the Treasurer’s Office with the number of permits needed. The Treasurer’s Office will process the payment and send the permits back in the mail. The address is:
City of Troy
c/o Treasurer’s Office
433 River Street
Troy, NY 12180
- Congress Street Parking Lot, located on the corner of Congress Street and 5th Avenue (accessible via southbound on 5th Avenue)
- Fifth Avenue Garage, located at Fifth Avenue and Broadway
- Fourth Street Parking Lot, located at corner of 4th and Ferry Streets (relocated from lot adjacent to former Key Bank building – January 2019)
- Front Street Parking Lot, located on Front Street behind the Arts Center (accessible via southbound on Front Street)
- Green Island Bridge Parking Lot, located on River Street between Jacob Street and Federal Street
- State Street Parking Garage, located on the corner of State Street and River Street
- Y-Lot Parking Lot, located at First Street between River Street & State Street
Overnight & Weekend Parking:
All city-operated parking lots and garages are available for free overnight parking Monday through Friday, 6:00 pm – 8:00 am. Free parking is also available on weekends (Saturday – Sunday).
*City-operated parking lots and garages may be temporarily closed for special events or scheduled cleaning/maintenance operations. For more information on parking restrictions and road closures please see the City’s News & Announcements page.
Snow Emergency Parking:
During a declared Snow Emergency, parking restrictions will be in effect for designated streets in the City of Troy. Residents and visitors are encouraged to use public lots and garages for overnight parking. To read more about public parking restrictions or to view a map of available parking locations please read the City’s Snow Emergency Plan.