Parking Services for Accessibility
Accessible Parking Permit

Accessible parking permits are issued by the City Treasurer’s office to Troy residents only. To qualify you must be a Troy resident. The address on your driver’s license must be in Troy NY.

Mirror hang tags are issued in accordance with NYS Vehicle and Traffic Law and NYS Department of Motor Vehicle regulations

Applying for someone else

If you are applying for a spouse or someone else you must present the license or ID for the person with the disability either when applying in person or by mail.  

Parking permit replacement

  • Persons with a permanent parking permit can only replace their parking permit ONCE every five years or when it expires.
  • Persons with a permanent parking permit also need a new doctor’s form before a replacement can be issued. 

For questions, please contact the Treasurer’s Office at (518) 279-7115.

Request by Mail

You may also request an Accessible Parking Permit by mailing a completed application and a copy of your driver’s license to the City Treasurer’s office:

City of Troy
Attn: Treasurer’s Office
433 River Street
Troy, NY 12180

To learn more about accessible parking permits or to obtain an application, please visit the NYS Department of Motor Vehicles website.

Accessible Parking Sign

If you require the installation of a accessible parking sign within the City right-of-way, you must contact our Engineering Department.