TROY, NY – City officials have issued a traffic advisory for road closures and parking restrictions associated with the 74th Troy Turkey Trot. The following streets will be closed beginning 5:00am until approximately 2:00pm on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 25th:
- 4th Street from State Street north to Federal Street
- Federal Street from the Green Island Bridge to 6th Avenue
- Green Island Bridge into Troy from 7:00am to approx. 12:00n
- River Street from 3rd Street to 1st Street
- River Street/2nd Avenue from the Green Island Bridge to 102nd Street
- 2nd Street from State Street to Broadway
- Fulton Street from 3rd Street to 5th Avenue
- King Street from the Green Island Bridge to River Street
- 3rd Street from River/Fulton to Broadway
- Broadway from 5th Avenue to River Street
- Grand Street from 5th Avenue to 4th Street
- River Street/2nd Avenue from King Street to 112th Street – River Street/2nd Avenue from 112th to 102nd will reopen at approximately 9:30am
- 3rd Avenue from 105th Street to 112th Street – 3rd Avenue will reopen at approximately 9:30am
- 111th Street from 3rd Avenue to 2nd Avenue – 111th Street will reopen at approximately 9:30am
All eastbound and westbound streets entering the above roads will be closed one block east and west.
Select parking restrictions will go into effect on Wednesday evening, November 24th. Motorists are asked to observe all posted parking restrictions and traffic detour signs in the area of the race course and to seek alternate routes.
Vehicles in violation of parking restrictions will be ticketed at the owner’s expense. Vehicles towed from south of Hoosick Street will be relocated to the Sage parking lots (intersection of River Street and Division Streets). Vehicles towed from north of Hoosick Street will be relocated to the Knickerbacker Ice Rink (191 103rd Street).
Motorists arriving from Albany County on Thanksgiving morning are encouraged to use the Congress Street Bridge or the Hoosick Street Bridge. Please avoid the Green Island Bridge on Thursday morning.
Free parking is available nights, weekends, and holidays at all City-owned parking lots and garages. Metered parking will be suspended on Thanksgiving. All other parking regulations are still enforced, including posted parking restrictions. The following lots and garages will be available for overnight and holiday parking:
- Green Island Bridge Parking Lot
- Congress Street Parking Lot
- Fifth Avenue Garage
- Fourth Street Parking Lot
- Front Street Parking Lot
- State Street Parking Garage
Please note the privately-owned Uncle Sam Parking Garage is not available on race day.
Additional parking is available for race participants in the Blitman Commons parking lot (1800 6th Ave.) beginning at 6:30 a.m. A comprehensive map of public parking lots can be found on the City website at https://www.troyny.gov/municipal-lots-garages/.
For info on local traffic advisories, please visit www.troyny.gov/traffic
John Salka, Communications Director
[email protected] / (518) 279-7131
Sign up to receive email updates and announcements from City Hall at www.troyny.gov/connect
For up-to-date announcements from City Hall, please visit www.troyny.gov/news
About the City of Troy:
Incorporated in 1816, the City of Troy is the seat of Rensselaer County government and the county’s largest municipality by population. Situated on the eastern bank of the Hudson River, the City boasts seven miles of waterfront, a largely-preserved historic downtown, diverse neighborhoods, and several major colleges and universities. Troy’s history as the nation’s largest manufacturer of detachable cuffs and collars earned the City’s nickname “the Collar City.” A former steel & iron manufacturing powerhouse of the 19th and early 20th century, the City is now home to a growing hub of tech, video game development, restaurants, and retail.