Vehicle & Traffic Law of New York State
Article 32: Stopping, Standing, Parking
No person shall park a vehicle in any of the following places:
- On a sidewalk.
- Within 20 feet of a crosswalk at an intersection, unless a different distance is indicated officially.
- Blocking the entrance or exit of a driveway, public or private.
- Within 15 feet of a fire hydrant.
- At any place that is posted by official signs prohibiting stopping, standing or parking on any ground, lawn or vegetated areas, public or privately owned.
- Commercial type vehicles such as house coaches, semitrailers, dump trucks, construction equipment, cranes, moving vans, delivery trucks with six or more tires, boats, boat trailers and other large commercial means of transport are prohibited from parking on city streets on a permanent or semi-permanent basis.
- Except where angle parking is authorized, every vehicle stopped, standing or parked on a two-way street shall have its right hand wheels parallel to and within 12 inches of the right hand curb or edge of the roadway.
City of Troy Street Cleaning
Parking is prohibited on City streets during specified hours for street cleaning. Street cleaning restrictions vary by section of the City. Contact the Department of Public Works at 518-270-4579 for scheduled cleaning.
Report a Violation
Parking violations should be reported to the Troy Police Department's non-emergency phone number at 518-270-4411