Submit a Compliment
A Job Well Done!
Everyone enjoys receiving recognition for their efforts and we realize that many of our residents and visitors to the City of Troy would like to know how to compliment our officers for a job well done.
Compliments and commendations, either verbal or written, are one of the best ways to let our officers know that you appreciate their good work and extraordinary service. A commendation for an officer of the Troy Police Department is sent to the Chief of Police. Your compliments may be made using our online form, in person, by phone, by email or fax, or through a letter or informal note to the Troy police Department.
A compliment or commendation may address any event that you feel demonstrates any effort on the part of an officer that deserves special recognition.
All compliments and commendations are formally documented and the affected officers and their supervisors will be notified.
How Do I Submit a Compliment?
It is preferable, but not required, to submit a completed Compliment Form
- The form can be faxed, emailed or mailed. See details below
- A Compliment Form can be picked up at these locations.
- A Compliment Form can be downloaded using the links below.
ATTENTION — The form is used for both compliments and complaints.
Submit by Phone
- You may also submit a compliment with the operator by dialing our 24 hour line 518-270-4421.
Submit in Person
- If you wish to leave the compliment form, a letter or an informal note in person you can do so by visiting the Mayor's Office during regular business hours 8:30 am - 4:30 pm. City Hall is located at 433 River Street, Troy NY. or the Troy Police Headquarters at 55 State St. Troy NY.
Submit by Email
- You may submit a compliment by sending an email to the Police Department.
- If you wish to email the compliment form you will need to download and complete it in a PDF reader. If you do not have a PDF reader you can download the Adobe Reader for free.
- If you do not wish to use Adobe Reader, you can print, scan, and then email the Police Department.
Submit by Mail
- Compliments can also be filed by mailing the compliment form, a letter or informal note to:
- Troy Police Department
Attention: Office of the Chief
1700 6th Avenue
Troy, NY 12180
- Troy Police Department
Complimentary letters are:
- Reviewed by the employees first line supervisor,
- Forwarded to the employee,
- A copy of the complimentary letter will be placed in the employee's personnel file.